Comox Valley Bloodbowl
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Comox Valley Bloodbowl

Nerdtopia league

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chaos Choices

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Night Lord
Pro
Pro
Night Lord

Chaos Choices Empty
PostSubject: Chaos Choices   Chaos Choices EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 10:07 am

This topic is for exploring some options for a CSM army late in 5th. As in poor secondary choices, but fun none the less.

I want to discuss different options for certain roles in the army.

Chosen outflanking instead of Termicide

Havocs with 4 plasma and combi for heavy infantry

Not sure how to achieve Torrent of Fire though; Bolters is about as good as we get, but maybe Noise Marines...
Back to top Go down
srg
Star Player
Star Player
srg

Chaos Choices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Choices   Chaos Choices EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 11:36 am

Havocs with AC's. instead of Oblits.

Expensive yes, but its 8 S7 shots at max range, there are few things better for rhino/razor purging when you consider the difficulty we have in getting decent shooting throughout the FOC. (This is why the Decimator w/2 Butcher Cannons rules!)

Noise Marines can certainly put out high rate of fire, but again have cost issues.

Raptors as support. Again! Expensive, but 2 Melta per squad, and can DS. I think your looking at 120 for that? Not terrible by Codex CSM standards.
Back to top Go down
srg
Star Player
Star Player
srg

Chaos Choices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Choices   Chaos Choices EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 2:08 pm

This is a cool topic however, I think some lengthy posts about the pros/cons of each is required, maybe tonight.
Back to top Go down
Gideus
The Commissioner
The Commissioner
Gideus

Chaos Choices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Choices   Chaos Choices EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 8:26 pm

Probably not good competitively, but I have always enjoyed and had fun with a havoc squad all missiles for the 4 little templates.
Noise marines as well, expensive but lots of firepower in one squad. I ran 5 with special options and moving I had range 24" 6xS4, AP5 with 2xS5, AP4 and a template weapon (more shots if you sit still). Not bad from 5 guys, especially as in CC they go before the majority of guys, and the champion with PW can do some damage.

I also had a fair amount of fun with a full 10 man Thousand Sons squad. Move and shoot 24", and AP3 bolter fire. Means up close you'd get 18xS4, AP3 shots, plus whatever the Sorcerer had (say Doombolt? another 3xS4, AP3 shots).
So at 18" you'd get 12 shots, all of which ignore everything except terminators.
Back to top Go down
https://comoxbloodbowl.forumotion.com
Night Lord
Pro
Pro
Night Lord

Chaos Choices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Choices   Chaos Choices EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 10:04 am

The Chosen option is due to them Outflanking in a rhino, since mechanization is king in 5th. They can be very punchy and bring 4x melta + Combi, only the regular Outflank issues.

If your strategy was to bulldoze your opponent into a corner, you could even bring a chosen squad full of Fire to (hopefully) outflank and drop 5 flame templates on a squad (poor option in meta)
Back to top Go down
srg
Star Player
Star Player
srg

Chaos Choices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Choices   Chaos Choices EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 11:01 am

4 x ML Havocs are fine, just too expensive right now. They will almost without a doubt get cheaper/better next book.

My issue with outflanking chosen, is just outflanking. I dont like how random it can be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chaos Choices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Choices   Chaos Choices Empty

Back to top Go down

Chaos Choices
Page 1 of 1