Comox Valley Bloodbowl
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Comox Valley Bloodbowl

Nerdtopia league

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gottacon - The Chaos Codex Discussion!

Go down 
+2
Gideus
srg
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Night Lord
Pro
Pro
Night Lord

Gottacon - The Chaos Codex Discussion! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gottacon - The Chaos Codex Discussion!   Gottacon - The Chaos Codex Discussion! - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 1:23 pm

Thanks for catching all those mistakes Rolling Eyes

130 Belial
155 Libby; Term (Divination 1)

235 DWT; Cyclone
250 DWT; A.Cann, C.Fist
250 DWT; A.Cann, C.Fist
225 DWT; H.Flame, C.Fist
225 DWT; H.Flame, C.Fist
125 Tactical x5; Plasmagun, P.Weapon + M.Bombs

150 Devastators x5; ML x3
Back to top Go down
srg
Star Player
Star Player
srg

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon - The Chaos Codex Discussion!   Gottacon - The Chaos Codex Discussion! - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 1:25 pm

Mass Termi's will give some lists fits (most of mine!) and will get eaten by a few (DE Lance spam)

I think its a super cool idea though, and love the theme. Not sure on the rules for those guys but if you can fit in more cyclones there is a third party supplier that makes a bit for them to attach...
Back to top Go down
Night Lord
Pro
Pro
Night Lord

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon - The Chaos Codex Discussion!   Gottacon - The Chaos Codex Discussion! - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 3:00 pm

That DA list is just to throw options out there
Really my list will likely be decided by which army looks the best. I won't be going for Best Painted, but I'd like to show off some big stuff, we'll see what I can accomplish in 3 Months...
Back to top Go down
srg
Star Player
Star Player
srg

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon - The Chaos Codex Discussion!   Gottacon - The Chaos Codex Discussion! - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 4:23 pm

Personally, 'looks best' would have to be your chaos stuff. What you did with that Defiler was awesome.
Back to top Go down
Night Lord
Pro
Pro
Night Lord

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon - The Chaos Codex Discussion!   Gottacon - The Chaos Codex Discussion! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 8:47 am

**Super Mashup List #1** I'll start testing here, and see how it goes. I will hardly have an unconverted model.

List 5 (artistic expression) 11KP, 5Troop, 2HS; Lord tanks for Blob and heads for Centre. both melta squads and Baledrake advance, foot CSM protect warmachines, small cult reserve.

198 Lord; MoNurgle, Palanquin, C.Bolt, Black Mace, Sigil, Melta Bombs

245 Cultists x35; Autogun x20, Flamer x3, Mark of Nurgle

218 Plague Marines x7; Plasmagun, Meltagun, Power Fist (same cost as PW and Gift, I3 makes the PW less usefull)
47 Rhino; Havoc

214 CSM x10; Meltagun x2, VoLW, CCW x9, L.Claw + C.Melta
47 Rhino; Havoc

170 CSM x10; Flamer, H.Bolter, P.Weapon

50 Cultists x10

170 Baledrake

175 Forgefiend

220 Defiler; Scourge (keep Reaper A.)
Back to top Go down
srg
Star Player
Star Player
srg

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon - The Chaos Codex Discussion!   Gottacon - The Chaos Codex Discussion! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 10:57 am

Looks good. I wonder if throwing that last cultists squad aside for a Rhino+Combi-Melta for the other squad may be worth it?
Back to top Go down
Gideus
The Commissioner
The Commissioner
Gideus

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon - The Chaos Codex Discussion!   Gottacon - The Chaos Codex Discussion! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 11:02 am

Would splitting the cultists from one 35 and one 10 man to two groups of more equal size be worth it?
Back to top Go down
https://comoxbloodbowl.forumotion.com
srg
Star Player
Star Player
srg

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon - The Chaos Codex Discussion!   Gottacon - The Chaos Codex Discussion! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 11:03 am

You have to keep them fearless, otherwise min sized squads is the only way to go I think.
Back to top Go down
Night Lord
Pro
Pro
Night Lord

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon - The Chaos Codex Discussion!   Gottacon - The Chaos Codex Discussion! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 11:48 pm

If anyone would trade a Cultist with Flamer for a Heavy Stubb ?? only have 2/3

I don't even like the Rhinos I have, but speed has to come from somewhere... will likely leave both in back, or at least 1, with small Cult inside.... time to play.
Back to top Go down
srg
Star Player
Star Player
srg

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon - The Chaos Codex Discussion!   Gottacon - The Chaos Codex Discussion! - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:50 am

Yeah I can trade you mine.

Back to top Go down
Gideus
The Commissioner
The Commissioner
Gideus

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon - The Chaos Codex Discussion!   Gottacon - The Chaos Codex Discussion! - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 1:25 pm

How did the armies work at Aspdens place? Nightlord how was your game?
Back to top Go down
Gideus
The Commissioner
The Commissioner
Gideus

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon - The Chaos Codex Discussion!   Gottacon - The Chaos Codex Discussion! - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:20 pm

So what are the strengths and weakness' so far of the new codex?
Anything stand out as auto-include or auto-do-not-ever-take?
Back to top Go down
srg
Star Player
Star Player
srg

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon - The Chaos Codex Discussion!   Gottacon - The Chaos Codex Discussion! - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 7:06 pm

Far as I am concerned the strength of the book is in FA and HS, I dont like the Elites, and the troops are decent, but also annoying as they dont have rocking support built in (Venom MSU, Warrior MSU Nightscythe) so costs start to skyrocket.

Top of the Heap
Heldrakes (Baleflamer)
Oblits
AC Havocs
Jugger Lords with Daemon Weapon
Min Plague Marines w/ 2 Special Weapons
Bikers (MoS w/Icon or Khorne)
MoN Spawn

Good

Cheap Cultists
Noise Marines as Troops
Raptors
CSM as Cheaply as possible, lots of bodies.
Lascannon Preds

Workable
Pretty much everything else.

Saddly hard to use

Thousand Sons
Warp Talons
Back to top Go down
Gideus
The Commissioner
The Commissioner
Gideus

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon - The Chaos Codex Discussion!   Gottacon - The Chaos Codex Discussion! - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:59 pm

I only really count the dread/helbrute, terminators and possessed as elites...the others are just limited troops choices.
Whats wrong with terminators? I love me my terminators Razz

I figure I might have to get a fiend of some kind, too much is drawing me to them.
I do want some new raptors.

So for now Plague and Khorne troops still where its at for assault/defense?
Back to top Go down
srg
Star Player
Star Player
srg

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon - The Chaos Codex Discussion!   Gottacon - The Chaos Codex Discussion! - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 11:08 am

Heh I like that 'Limited Troops'

I dont think there is anything wrong with Terminators really, I just dont think they are 'broken' to the point of being a top choice like Paladins, and they still need a LR, which is hard to do at lower points sizes.

I think they can still fill the Termicide role if needed, but Mutilators actually can act as little speed bumps just as easily.

I like PM's simple because they are 5 for 2 Plasma/Melta, Fearless, T5, 3+, FnP. I mean its still such a solid unit and can be kept MSU if you want.

Berzerkers are still too limited, no special weapons? Why? Give them access to a Melta/Plasma/Flamer and suddenly they arent so one dimensional, I mean contrast to Death Company, its just flawed.

I forgot the cheap DP Flyer as well. Its a decent choice, especially for allies (since you cant take cult troops as Troops with allies! Mad )
Back to top Go down
Gideus
The Commissioner
The Commissioner
Gideus

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon - The Chaos Codex Discussion!   Gottacon - The Chaos Codex Discussion! - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 1:50 pm

Yeah, plasma pistols don't pack the same oomph as PGuns. Though they say melta is dead and long live plasma anyways.
I think they should have given Berzerkers hand flamers...no template, just d6 hits on the unit it attacks or some such.

I am torn on mutilators, they are a better choice in CC than termies for speedbumps, but the lack of any range means I still prefer termies. Especially if going to DS them.

I agree with the no cult troops as troops with allies sucking, but understand it I guess. Its the "bonus" for playing CSM as primary detachment.

Any thoughts on demon allies? or is that more of a fluff thing?
Nightlord has tried them, any good?
Back to top Go down
srg
Star Player
Star Player
srg

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon - The Chaos Codex Discussion!   Gottacon - The Chaos Codex Discussion! - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 2:02 pm

I think Daemons as allies are great!

Plaguebearers are awesome for sitting around and doing nothing but refusing to die.
Flamers are awesome for killing...everything.
Screamers are awesome for taking out Mech anything.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon - The Chaos Codex Discussion!   Gottacon - The Chaos Codex Discussion! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gottacon - The Chaos Codex Discussion!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3