Comox Valley Bloodbowl
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Comox Valley Bloodbowl

Nerdtopia league

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gottacon 2014 - CSM and Friends

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Night Lord
Pro
Pro
Night Lord

Gottacon 2014 - CSM and Friends Empty
PostSubject: Gottacon 2014 - CSM and Friends   Gottacon 2014 - CSM and Friends EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 9:43 pm

I've struggled a long time to make some of my favourite older models work on the tabletop. I also have been thinking about how to better use the Infiltrate power from Huron. What have not worked well enough are basic CSM, my nurgle terminators, and nurgle lord. Using the Skull item from Black Legion, I can help the lord out, it also upgrades the CSM to Chosen, and Huron can give the termies a good flanking boost in speed, to make the toughness more of a threat. The giant cult blob worked almost too well through the last tourney, and if it didn't tie up so many points would be great for home base, but is not quite killy enough to threaten centre board.

So, Black Legion 1750pt

Huron Blackheart

Lord; Nurgle, VoLW, Palanquin, Sigil, Skull, Blight Gr., TL Bolter, P. Fist (T5 W5 3+4++ EW)

Chaos Termies x6: Nurgle, VoLW, 3x C.Melta, 1x C.Flame, P.Fist, C.Fist

Plague Marines x6: VoLW, P.Fist, Melta, Plasma

Rhino

Chosen x7: VoLW, C.Melta, 2x Melta

Rhino; Dirge

Chosen x7: VoLW, Melta, 2x Flame

Rhino; Dirge

Cultists x10

Helldrake

Obliterators x3; VoLW

Back to top Go down
Gideus
The Commissioner
The Commissioner
Gideus

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon 2014 - CSM and Friends   Gottacon 2014 - CSM and Friends EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 10:01 pm

Being that I am considering one, how did your LR work out? is it worth it, or are the points better spent elsewhere?
Back to top Go down
https://comoxbloodbowl.forumotion.com
Night Lord
Pro
Pro
Night Lord

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon 2014 - CSM and Friends   Gottacon 2014 - CSM and Friends EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 10:04 pm

Mine died One of 5 games.... played conservative with it, and was often empty. had it held a threat it would have been a greater target, but it was a bit of wasted points just for 2 las shots sometimes. maybe if it just held cultists or cheap 5 marines? or empty with Dirge Caster and Destroyer Blades: just use it as a weapon itself!
Back to top Go down
Gideus
The Commissioner
The Commissioner
Gideus

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon 2014 - CSM and Friends   Gottacon 2014 - CSM and Friends EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 11:12 pm

I don't know why, but I like the "feel" of this list. How would you play it?
Back to top Go down
https://comoxbloodbowl.forumotion.com
srg
Star Player
Star Player
srg

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon 2014 - CSM and Friends   Gottacon 2014 - CSM and Friends EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 12:31 pm

CSM really are such a delicate/finesse list, its so completely at odds with what one would expect.

I think this is a pretty cool idea, tanking with the terminators/nurgle lord?
Back to top Go down
Night Lord
Pro
Pro
Night Lord

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon 2014 - CSM and Friends   Gottacon 2014 - CSM and Friends EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 10:12 pm

yah, it's definitely suffers from matchups more than the books that can bring nearly overwhelming firepower to bear.
so my lord has EW, my tough termies get a little jump on people, transports can outflank..... fearless in up to 3 units...

currently is 0-1 losing to double bloodthirster.
Back to top Go down
Night Lord
Pro
Pro
Night Lord

PostSubject: New list is old list...   Gottacon 2014 - CSM and Friends EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 6:12 pm

So this idea is evolved from a discussion in a car, on the way home from a tourney. The two Tzeench daemons each give rerolls to 8 S8 shots, and there are multiple answers to elite, horde and flyer armies. In Kill Point games the exaled reward will be the Grimoire, and in all others will be the Portapotty. The original idea had a Black Mace daemon prince, and more cheap troops, but I want to try the second shooty engine, as well as more of my models Smile

1750 Daemons with CSM allies (this nets me multiple Divination rolls and soulgrinders)

295 Lord of Change, ML3, 2x Greater reward
75 Herald of Tzeench, Exalted reward (ML1)

90 Pink Horrors (Herald bunker)
119 Plaguebearers x11; Instrument (lets me reroll one result from Nurgle on squads for Warp Storm, can protect my Tzeench stuff)

180 Soulgrinder; Nurgle, Phlem (36" Battlecannon)
180 Soulgrinder; Tzeench, Torrent (S6 Ap4)

180 Chaos Lord; Tzeench, Sigil (3++ now), Burning Brand, Power Axe, Disc (Linebreaker potential)

235 Decimator Engine; 2x Butcher Cannon (like a Forge Fiend with AV13 and Reanimation Protocalls)

50 Cultists

170 Helldrake

175 Forge Fiend
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gottacon 2014 - CSM and Friends   Gottacon 2014 - CSM and Friends Empty

Back to top Go down

Gottacon 2014 - CSM and Friends
Page 1 of 1