Comox Valley Bloodbowl
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Comox Valley Bloodbowl

Nerdtopia league

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ghosts! and other scary tales/tails

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cow
Lineman
Lineman
Cow

Ghosts! and other scary tales/tails Empty
PostSubject: Ghosts! and other scary tales/tails   Ghosts! and other scary tales/tails EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 8:06 pm

Hey guys, I've been planning to make some (somewhat) scratch built ghosts for my Vampire Counts army. I have a great idea so far, I've got plenty of spare upper torsos and heads and arms from zombie, skeleton, and corpse cart kits. I'm planning to put those bits on whispy ghost tails made out of greenstuff. They will have "flying" stems made out of paper clips (which can also be used to structure the tails) and will magnetize to the base. Then I can simply remove models to track wounds!

Anyways, I'm still new to using greenstuff and would like some help or even just tips on making ghostly tails. How to attach each one to a torso, the paperclip, and how to make it look smooth. And perhaps not look like a tentacle or some other wierd thing but a decent looking ghostly tail for the Spirit Hosts.
Back to top Go down
Night Lord
Pro
Pro
Night Lord

Ghosts! and other scary tales/tails Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghosts! and other scary tales/tails   Ghosts! and other scary tales/tails EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 9:40 am

I haven't done alot of fabric, and recently did tree roots with moderate success. Three tips for smooth results; Wear rubber/vinyl gloves. Sculps and smooth 1-1.5h into curing (part way to done). Once the initial sculpt is mostly done, use an oily paper towel to coat your sculpting tool so it doesn't stick.

I don't see how flying stems will also magnetize, I would do one or the other. though I have to say I like the Idea of the magnets for wound purposes. the Spirit Host models aren't raised up (ha) too much off the base....

The Green Stuff will stick well to the model without a frame, though they will have to cure on their sides or something. Look at other models for flowing cloaks. some tatters (with a pin) at the bottom will give the ancient look....
Back to top Go down

Ghosts! and other scary tales/tails
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Comox Valley Bloodbowl :: Old 40K stuff :: Modelling questions, advice or tricks-
Jump to: