Comox Valley Bloodbowl
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Comox Valley Bloodbowl

Nerdtopia league

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Madness and best Master?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
srg
Star Player
Star Player
srg

Madness and best Master? Empty
PostSubject: Madness and best Master?   Madness and best Master? EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 8:07 pm

So, of the malifaux range, its the weird models I like most. Insidious Madness, Doppelganger, Coppelius.

Which Master fits that selection (if any?) that I should read up on? As far as the Avatars, I like Pandora's as it seems to fit with the weird tentacle thing going on with Madness/Coppelius, and the Pandora Alt sculpt seems to be ok in terms of Detail (wish the Dreamer had an alt sculpt...)

So am I on the right track here or am I just too much of a noob and need to learn the game. :p
Back to top Go down
Night Lord
Pro
Pro
Night Lord

PostSubject: Re: Madness and best Master?   Madness and best Master? EmptyFri May 25, 2012 11:08 pm

Many Tournaments or Campaigns will only require you stick to one Faction, with different Soul Stone totals each round..... you are then allowed to pick which Master best suits your opponents faction..... so in essence you will need all the Neverborn Masters to best deal with all of your opponents.

sorry that was a bit off topic, since i'm not really familiar enough with the specific powers of the masters to make a real informed decision.....
what I've heard is;

Pandora flips the game arround and forces your opponent to not play malefaux but play Pandora....

Dreamer is wiley and aggressive

Zereda has Obey, which her totem can also use, and tripple the use of one of your abilities, or use your opponents against themselves.

Lilith is a Beast in CC, not sure if the pairing with the Nefelim is just cuz of the box of if they really have any sinergy.

hope that helps a little.
Back to top Go down
RotatingPanda
Inquisitor
Inquisitor
RotatingPanda

PostSubject: Re: Madness and best Master?   Madness and best Master? EmptySat May 26, 2012 1:18 pm

Neverborn are, by and large, considered the best faction. Their "worst" master (i.e. Lilith) is still really, really good.

What you described, model-wise, would be a Pandora list. Copellius, IM and the Doppelganger all play to her strengths and Copellius even helps mitigate her weaknesses. Additionally, she can take the twins (Lelitu and Lelu) which are some of the best units in the game.

As for the tournaments, there are four formats:

• Open Faction: At the start of every round of the tournament, you choose your faction. Master choice is standard.
  • Single Faction: At the start of the tournament, you choose a faction. Master choice is standard.
  • Limited Faction Pool: At the start of the tournament, you choose a faction and a list of models worth 20 SS more than the tournament level that you may draw upon in your list building each round. Master choice is standard.
  • Fixed Crews: At the start of the tournament, you choose x number of pre-made lists (which can be Open or Single Faction, depending on tourney). A pre-made Crew cannot be used twice in a row until all other pre-made Crews have been used.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Madness and best Master?   Madness and best Master? Empty

Back to top Go down

Madness and best Master?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Comox Valley Bloodbowl :: The Pitch :: Official Rules-
Jump to: