Comox Valley Bloodbowl
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Comox Valley Bloodbowl

Nerdtopia league

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Criid Crews

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Night Lord
Pro
Pro
Night Lord

Criid Crews Empty
PostSubject: Criid Crews   Criid Crews EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 10:28 am

Without yet playing a game with her, Criid is establishing herself as my main Master. I really like her rules, I like her Alternate sculpt, and the Avatar (for when my crew gets big enough).

Most importantly I most like the Witchling Stalker models, and being the most numerous in the crew this is very important.

Starting with tactics (bearing in mind that i'm talking out my ass)

Criid has ranged attacks and spells, but is a medium/short range character due to her aura effects
She'll need protection/bodyguard

Guild are good fighters, but lack subtlety and tricks.

I'll want some crew to act as skermishers/stall.

I'll want some ranged support.

Using the awesome Crew Creator, I've been able to quickly test a couple builds, and it will require much more reading to narrow my decisions..... depends on the performance of the Stalkers vs Guild Guard.....

25 SS (going to 35, i'll either add a Peacekeeper, or Hans depending on which area I need support in)

Sonia Criid

Guild Austringer (Haven't read this character card yet, but heard he's good medium range support and adds a bit of trickery)
Nino Ortega (best ranged support in Guild)
Witchling Stalker
Witchling Stalker
Witchling Stalker

This crew is a more competative build, choices based on functionality

25 SS

Sonia Criid
Drill Sargeant

Guild Guard
Guild Guard
Guild Guard
Guild Guard
Guild Hound
Guild Hound

This crew is more of a 'police state' theme
Back to top Go down
RotatingPanda
Inquisitor
Inquisitor
RotatingPanda

Criid Crews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Criid Crews   Criid Crews EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 2:45 pm

Okay, first tip: unlike 40K, you don't "build lists" in this game. Every game, you're going to change your crew depending on strategies, schemes and the faction you're fighting.

Criid is a good master and is considered to have the best avatar in the game because it works with all of her regular tricks and just makes her better at what she already does.

Witchlings are pretty cool and book 3 introduced Witchling Stalkers which make them even better, giving them various buffs (don't have the rules with me though).

Austringers are considered a very "go to" ranged model for Guild as they have good range (10", I think) and do not require LoS.

The "police state" list is very thematic but not very practical: spamming units in this game rarely delivers. As a rule of thumb, I'd say 3 of a unit is about the maximum (with exceptions based on "summoning" masters).
Back to top Go down
Night Lord
Pro
Pro
Night Lord

Criid Crews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Criid Crews   Criid Crews EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 3:23 pm

Thanks, I'll play out a few things with Criid before solidifying the themes I like.

the Austringer is a defenite yes for me because of the model. He would still fit in my 'police state' crew. speaking to the spam of that list, it's good to hear that it's not really the way to go, happy to throw a bird man and guard captain/lawyer for flavour!
Back to top Go down
RotatingPanda
Inquisitor
Inquisitor
RotatingPanda

Criid Crews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Criid Crews   Criid Crews EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 7:07 pm

If you're going for a thematic list (which is awesome and very in line with what the rest of us are doing), I would suggest the following things to look at:

Guild Austringer
Guild Guards and Guild Guard Captain (great synergy, naturally)
Lawyer
Guild Hounds
Exorcist (this is a fantastic new unit)
Witchling Handler

If you want to expand the "police state" feel and get a bigger crew, I'd also look at the following.
Lucius
Governor's Proxy
Ryle
Drill Sergeant

Lucius is a henchmen with excellent synergy with anything that has Guild in the name and Ryle is a crazy ranged heavy-hitter. With all of that, you could make a very, very police state themed list that could handle just about any other list out there. You would have good range (Austringer, Exorcist, Ryle), tons of anti-magic (Witchlings, Witchling Handler, Exorcist), fast melee (Hounds) and melee (Witchlings, Guild Guard, Guard Captain).
Back to top Go down
Night Lord
Pro
Pro
Night Lord

Criid Crews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Criid Crews   Criid Crews EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 1:23 am

yah, being a small thematic game, i'll mostly get models for the sculpts I like and themes that I'd like to paint.

I was curious about Francisco Ortega, and his Menace ability to move towards an enemy, and prevent them from moving or something...

I'll really need to get at least the second book from someone for a read....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Criid Crews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Criid Crews   Criid Crews Empty

Back to top Go down

Criid Crews
Page 1 of 1