Comox Valley Bloodbowl
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Comox Valley Bloodbowl

Nerdtopia league

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vampire Counts list discussion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cow
Lineman
Lineman
Cow

Vampire Counts list discussion Empty
PostSubject: Vampire Counts list discussion   Vampire Counts list discussion EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 10:37 pm

So I'm going to use this topic as my sorta weblog-ish thread. I will start building up an army list as I learn the game and the army more. And I would appreciate any and all comments, especially those of a tactical nature.

Just to start it off I will post my CORE section only. Because this is all I've really had time for so far. And I think its pretty simple and solid. The characters will of course be the most changing, as the options are bewildering. The SPECIAL section will change a lot too, as I learned I could fit maybe 1.5 units in it. So you could imagine that being really hard to figure out what to put in there!

CORE 760

Zombie Horde (30) 100
-Options
--Musician
--Standard

Zombie Horde (30) 100
-Options
--Musician
--Standard

Zombie Horde (30) 90

Skeleton Warriors (20) 130
-Weapons
--Spears
-Options
--Full Command

-Weapons
--Spears
-Options
--Full Command

Crypt Ghouls (20) 210
-Options
-- Ghast

It might be some time before I put more thought into this, but it's a start.
Back to top Go down
Gideus
The Commissioner
The Commissioner
Gideus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Counts list discussion   Vampire Counts list discussion EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 3:23 am

Every army needs a start my good man. My chaos army didn't spring up overnight Cool
I think that is a good start, the numbers mean your units get max rank bonus yes?
Not to mention, killing the undead (again)is never easy.
Back to top Go down
https://comoxbloodbowl.forumotion.com
Night Lord
Pro
Pro
Night Lord

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Counts list discussion   Vampire Counts list discussion EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 12:03 pm

consider getting another few Zombies to make 2x 50 zombies.... those skeleton will likely be used as a screen, and from the little i've heard, you'll maybe want to double the gouls...

looks good for a base, just have to add some big threats for smashing and maybe one scary heavy infantry block.

for the cherry on top, consider what gives army wide advantages/bubbles for force multilpliers!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Cow
Lineman
Lineman
Cow

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Counts list discussion   Vampire Counts list discussion EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 7:09 pm

Why only 2 units of zombies? Invocation is most economical surrounded by several units. Its an area effect, I just put ma wizards throughout this big fat block of stuff. Each zombie unit can be getting around 8 or 10 or so zombies per turn. Plus one necromancer can raise sekeletons beyond starting size too.

So with one level 4 wizard, and like 2 level 1 wizards I could get (assuming all three castings are successful) 54 zombies in total can be raised. Then like maybe 7-ish skeletons. More if they were somehow damaged.

I understand that this is like a best case senario, but it shows that multiple units are better than just a few big ones.

And golly, if those necromancers are on a corpse cart with lodestones I get to reroll some dice that decide how many dudes are raised increasing my chances!

Also, I've got a unit of 30 Grave Guard. But I don't have enough room in the SPECIAL slot for my Black Knights.

In case you don't already know, I'm basically going for straight up Invoke spam. I am aware I need heavy hitters and stuff, I figured Graveguard and Black Knights would suffice.

I'm tempted to get some cairn wraiths to throw in some CORE units, but I already plan on filling the Lords n' Heroes with Vamps and Necros. Too many different combinations!
Back to top Go down
Gideus
The Commissioner
The Commissioner
Gideus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Counts list discussion   Vampire Counts list discussion EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 11:18 pm

Not sure what else I can add, other than getting units you like as well. Nothing sucks more than getting units for their abilities and hating putting them together or painting them.
Back to top Go down
Cow
Lineman
Lineman
Cow

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Counts list discussion   Vampire Counts list discussion EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 11:18 am

And heres the first stab at some characters:

LORDS AND HEROES 625

Master Necromancer 220
-Base
-Options
--Level 4 Wizard
--Master of the Dead

Necromancer 185
-Base
-Options
--Corpse Cart
---Unholy Lodestone

Necromancer 90
-Base
-Options
--Book of Arkhan

Vampire 130
-Base
-Options
--Dark Acolyte
Back to top Go down
Cow
Lineman
Lineman
Cow

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Counts list discussion   Vampire Counts list discussion EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 6:17 pm

Here is a quick 1250 point list of models I have assembled. This is a low point list for Fantasy, but shows pretty much what my CORE is going to consist of. At higher point values I'll add heavy hitters. Specific numbers of models in each unit might be shuffled around a bit with each list, but otherwise I am sticking with this.

Total 1,248 points. Both characters go in one Skeleton unit as the Vampire is there to take on challengers to keep the Necromancer alive.

LORDS 305 (24.4%)

Master Necromancer 305
-Base
-Options
--Level 4 Wizard
--Magic Items
---Black Periapt
---Talisman of Endurance
--Master of the Dead

HERO 212 (17.0%)

Vampire 212
-Base
-Options
--Additional Handweapon
--Heavy Armour
--Magic Items
---Nightshroud
---Seed of Rebirth
--Vampiric Powers
---Aura of Dark Magesty
---Beguile
---Dread Knight

CORE 731 (58.6%)

Zombie Horde (36) 118
-Base
-Options
--Musician
--Standard

Zombie Horde (36) 118
-Base
-Options
--Musician
--Standard

Skeleton Warriors (20) 155
-Base
-Weapons
--Spears
-Options
--Full Command
--Screaming Banner

-Base
-Weapons
--Spears
-Options
--Full Command

Crypt Ghouls (20) 210
-Base
-Options
-- Ghast
Back to top Go down
Gideus
The Commissioner
The Commissioner
Gideus

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Counts list discussion   Vampire Counts list discussion EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 6:26 pm

Looking good. A nice solid core to the army, and with Counts its a pretty big core with the amount you need. Now the fun part, adding the heavy hitter Smile
Back to top Go down
Cow
Lineman
Lineman
Cow

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Counts list discussion   Vampire Counts list discussion EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 10:25 am

Yup, I'm stoked to get started on 'em. I got 10 black Knights or Hexwraiths. This particular combi-kit can actually swap between the Black Knights and Hexwraiths without magnets or anything. The riders for each unit are seperate, and just snug fit onto the mounts. I think a little cutting is required.

Hmmm, maybe I'll make those guys next, before the Grave Guard, since it will just give me a choice between two units to change things up a bit from game to game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Counts list discussion   Vampire Counts list discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Vampire Counts list discussion
Page 1 of 1