Comox Valley Bloodbowl
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Comox Valley Bloodbowl

Nerdtopia league

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Banners, flags, icons etc

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gideus
The Commissioner
The Commissioner
Gideus

Banners, flags, icons etc Empty
PostSubject: Banners, flags, icons etc   Banners, flags, icons etc EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 8:24 am

Any idea how to make good ones? I was thinking either paper or paper towel, stiffened with white glue? Any other suggestions for doing banners? I want ones for my chaos squads that look cool.
Back to top Go down
https://comoxbloodbowl.forumotion.com
srg
Star Player
Star Player
srg

PostSubject: Re: Banners, flags, icons etc   Banners, flags, icons etc EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 9:10 am

I read recently, just draw/print on paper and paint over it.
Back to top Go down
Night Lord
Pro
Pro
Night Lord

PostSubject: Re: Banners, flags, icons etc   Banners, flags, icons etc EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 11:45 am

The best material I've found is the thin lead wrapping arround the top of wine bottles. looks like paper, but retains the folds and ripples better.

Also consider rolling flat a piece of green stuff between plastic wrap; it could cure with the wrap on, in a wavy shape, and you'll end up with a nice secure and strong banner.
Back to top Go down
Gideus
The Commissioner
The Commissioner
Gideus

PostSubject: Re: Banners, flags, icons etc   Banners, flags, icons etc EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 7:15 pm

I am thinking of the paper ones. Any of you tried it? Do you need a special thickness of paper, or just regular and seal it with white glue or something?
Back to top Go down
Night Lord
Pro
Pro
Night Lord

PostSubject: Re: Banners, flags, icons etc   Banners, flags, icons etc EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 9:32 am

I've done several, thicker is defenitely better. Printer paper is way to thin; it will expand and warp with the little water you will be applying. i've had best results with heavier construction paper weight.
Back to top Go down
Gideus
The Commissioner
The Commissioner
Gideus

PostSubject: Re: Banners, flags, icons etc   Banners, flags, icons etc EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 2:50 pm

Tried the heavier paper and it seems to work, but the texture just seems wrong and it "hangs" stiffly? Any ideas on something that could be used that might "hang" like a real cloth banner might? I tried paper towel, and some might work, but not sure if they are strong enough.
Back to top Go down
Night Lord
Pro
Pro
Night Lord

PostSubject: Re: Banners, flags, icons etc   Banners, flags, icons etc EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 9:59 pm

there is no such material for you to use. This is the modelers work; to make the tiny look life size. Always an issue, and why there are usually points awarded specifically for freehand banners in tourneys....
Back to top Go down
Gideus
The Commissioner
The Commissioner
Gideus

PostSubject: Re: Banners, flags, icons etc   Banners, flags, icons etc EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 5:04 am

So true, I will experiment with different types of paper towel, look for a "banner" type or cloth pattern on some and see how it works Smile
Back to top Go down
Night Lord
Pro
Pro
Night Lord

PostSubject: Re: Banners, flags, icons etc   Banners, flags, icons etc EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 11:36 am

I've made some GreenStuff banners, I'll bring you them tonight
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banners, flags, icons etc   Banners, flags, icons etc Empty

Back to top Go down

Banners, flags, icons etc
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Comox Valley Bloodbowl :: Old 40K stuff :: Modelling questions, advice or tricks-
Jump to: