Comox Valley Bloodbowl
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Comox Valley Bloodbowl

Nerdtopia league

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
srg
Star Player
Star Player
srg

Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine Empty
PostSubject: Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine   Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Now, put a checker pattern on his right (our left) and the BA Chapter symbol on the left (our right).

EDIT: This actually nearly the Nova Marines, and Sons of Guiliman scheme, back to the drawing board!

Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine Spacem10

This is what I am going to try and paint up if I can find a loose marine around here somewhere. Thoughts?

Last edited by srg on Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RotatingPanda
Inquisitor
Inquisitor
RotatingPanda

PostSubject: Re: Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine   Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 5:02 pm

I like it. It's different, feels thematic and will stand out on a table-top (and from other armies).
Back to top Go down
srg
Star Player
Star Player
srg

PostSubject: Re: Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine   Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 5:42 pm

As mentioned in my edit, thats an already taken scheme! Sad

So here it is in red, though I think doing checks on red would be super tough..

Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine Spacem11
Back to top Go down
RotatingPanda
Inquisitor
Inquisitor
RotatingPanda

PostSubject: Re: Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine   Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 5:45 pm

Yeah, totally better. I once saw an Alice in Wonderland themed Space Marine army with red checkers and it looked awesome. But hey, won't know until you try, right?
Back to top Go down
Gideus
The Commissioner
The Commissioner
Gideus

PostSubject: Re: Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine   Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 8:20 am

I do like the colours. And it would stand out from all the silver and grey thats on the tables nowadays Cool
Back to top Go down
https://comoxbloodbowl.forumotion.com
Night Lord
Pro
Pro
Night Lord

PostSubject: Re: Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine   Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 4:04 pm

Ambitious is all i can say.

I've personally never liked the quartering on whole models, and it makes each model 3x the work, but i think a fully painted force would have a spectacular effect.

I'd, again personally, pick a few armour peices (shins/knees/shoulders) and do a mixed scheme. Perhaps just do Red/White quarters within the shoulderpad/knee, and keep the rest simplified.
Back to top Go down
RotatingPanda
Inquisitor
Inquisitor
RotatingPanda

PostSubject: Re: Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine   Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 4:11 pm

Didn't SRG spend 3 hours on one Rhino pilots shoulder pad? I don't think an overly complicated color scheme is going to make much difference to him...
Back to top Go down
srg
Star Player
Star Player
srg

PostSubject: Re: Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine   Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 6:01 pm

Why do you guys think im trying to plan now?! Sooner I have something locked in, sooner I can start and hopefully complete by next Feb. What a Face
Back to top Go down
srg
Star Player
Star Player
srg

PostSubject: Re: Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine   Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 10:29 pm

I did a test on one of my many extra Sang Guard shoulder pads, the checker pattern is tough, and it took a few redo's, but with a bit of practice I can see it being doable. :]
Back to top Go down
srg
Star Player
Star Player
srg

PostSubject: Re: Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine   Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 7:59 am

So I have the majority of a single marine done now, and I am quite liking it!

The white is several layers of fortress grey->fortress grey/skull white->fortress grey/skull white/skull white and so on, while the red I am keeping simple with mechrite, mud wash in the recesses, and a light blending of blood red as a highlight.
Back to top Go down
Gideus
The Commissioner
The Commissioner
Gideus

PostSubject: Re: Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine   Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 8:21 am

Sounds good, cannot wait to see pics. I just suggested to Night Lord, using photobucket (its free) and then linking the pics. I use it for all my pics cause the free forums have smaller capacities.
Back to top Go down
srg
Star Player
Star Player
srg

PostSubject: Re: Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine   Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 9:09 am

I'll see if I can find batteries for my camera. This forum has an upload function as well.
Back to top Go down
Gideus
The Commissioner
The Commissioner
Gideus

PostSubject: Re: Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine   Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 9:18 am

Yeah, only 20mb capacity though, so the pics need to either be small or you can send them to me and I'll upload them and link them for you
Back to top Go down
srg
Star Player
Star Player
srg

PostSubject: Re: Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine   Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 11:58 am

I mostly finished my first test last night, but my camera seems to have died. I'll be bringing it out Saturday though. :]
Back to top Go down
Gideus
The Commissioner
The Commissioner
Gideus

PostSubject: Re: Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine   Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 7:01 pm

After seeing it in person, yeah, the scheme is amazing. I was just not sure about the checkered shoulder pad. The checks are almost too small? I am not sure how many you could get on the pad making them larger or if it would take away from it, but the small checks just seemed...dunno...out of place? Its well painted, just not sure if it adds to it or not.
Back to top Go down
srg
Star Player
Star Player
srg

PostSubject: Re: Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine   Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 2:08 pm

Thanks. The checkers where small, and are hell to do really. I'm looking into a sculpted option, but since I may abandon the BA route all together, we will see.
Back to top Go down
Gideus
The Commissioner
The Commissioner
Gideus

PostSubject: Re: Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine   Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 3:08 pm

It'd work with whatever army you play. The colour scheme is awesome and very well done.
Back to top Go down
srg
Star Player
Star Player
srg

PostSubject: Re: Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine   Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 3:12 pm

I was thinking I could incorporate it if I do GK, but it wouldnt work for what I want out of Wolves at all. If I were to do the Wolf list it would look something like this.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_0_ZDwBck1h0/TSAow4INTmI/AAAAAAAAARA/ve89M1O16kA/s1600/bjorn_the_fell_handed-art.jpg

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Images/Product/DefaultBL/xlarge/poster-prospero-burns.jpg

Proper grim, grey metal on ice/snow/slate bases, none of this flashy yellow and blue. :]
Back to top Go down
Night Lord
Pro
Pro
Night Lord

PostSubject: Re: Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine   Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 9:37 am

Those are nice SW Arts, yum.

anyway, at least you'd have to paint fewer of them using the GK codex. I'm with Gideus; just make whatever looking army you want, and play with whatever codex. you can't feasably do them all at once.

Back to top Go down
sunrastargod
Lineman
Lineman

PostSubject: Re: Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine   Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 5:23 pm

half chaos taint have racist marine all epicnesss
Back to top Go down
srg
Star Player
Star Player
srg

PostSubject: Re: Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine   Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 3:18 pm

Did up a space marine in the Wolf test colours, wasnt too happy with it, I have a dread I am going to work up tonight in the BA colours, if I can find a build I am happy with for them I like my scheme for them so far alot more.
Back to top Go down
Night Lord
Pro
Pro
Night Lord

PostSubject: Re: Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine   Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 3:57 pm

F@#$ matching schemes. If you like the red scheme the best (when haven't you), then just paint your loyalists red too, and play whatever codex you want.
Back to top Go down
srg
Star Player
Star Player
srg

PostSubject: Re: Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine   Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 7:21 pm

Red is the only colour I seem to like. Razz

I just like to mess around and test. I've got 5 Sang Guard sitting in a cup of simple green at the moment...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine   Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine Empty

Back to top Go down

Potential Test Scheme - Space Marine
Page 1 of 1