Comox Valley Bloodbowl
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Comox Valley Bloodbowl

Nerdtopia league

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Close Combat Units

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sunrastargod
Lineman
Lineman

Close Combat Units Empty
PostSubject: Close Combat Units   Close Combat Units EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 11:41 pm

SO just for some interesting info.... in the tourney my 4 wraiths and destroyer lord got charged by 5 thunder hammer terminators and won combat with 1 wraith and the lord left.... cool eh necrons can handle cc now(yeah)
Back to top Go down
Gideus
The Commissioner
The Commissioner
Gideus

Close Combat Units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close Combat Units   Close Combat Units EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 11:52 pm

Yeah, nice to know that the army has adapted and can handle itself in cc now.
Back to top Go down
https://comoxbloodbowl.forumotion.com
RotatingPanda
Inquisitor
Inquisitor
RotatingPanda

Close Combat Units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close Combat Units   Close Combat Units EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 4:22 am

3++ saves and S6 are very nice. For fun, I math-hammered them against some dedicate assault units (all naked, no upgrades) and in every case, whoever got the charge, won.

Working with a full squad of 6 wraiths (210) points, we get 15 genestealers, 10 death company or 5 "hammernators".

6 wraiths Vs. 15 Stealers.
Wraith Charge:
1st: Stealers kill 1 wraith; wraiths kill 6 Stealers. 5 wraiths vs. 9 stealers.
2nd: Stealers kill 1 wraith; wraiths kill 3 stealers. 4 wraiths vs. 6 stealers.
3rd: Stealers kill nothing; wraiths kill 3 stealers. 4 wraiths vs. 3 stealers.
4th: Stealers kill nothing; wraiths kill 3 stealers. Wraith victory.

Stealer Charge:
1st: Stealers kill 2 wraiths; wraiths kill 3 stealers. 4 wraiths vs. 12 stealers.
2nd: Stealers kill 1 wraith; wraiths kill 2 stealer; 3 wraiths vs. 10 stealers.
3rd: Stealers kill 1 wraith; wraiths kill 1 stealer; 2 wraiths vs. 9 stealers.
4th: Stealers kill 1 wraith; wraiths kill 1 stealer; 1 wraith vs. 8 stealers.
5th: Stealers kill 1 wraith. Genestealer victory.

6 wraiths vs. 10 Death Company
Wraith Charge
1st: DC inflicts 1 wound; wraiths kill 3 DC. 6 wraiths vs. 7 DC.
2nd: DC kills 1 wraith; wraiths kill 1 DC. 5 wraiths vs. 6 DC. Inevitable wraith victory.

DC Charge:
1st: DC kills 2 wraiths, wounds 1; wraiths kill 1 DC; 4 wraiths vs. 9 DC.
2nd: DC kills 2 wraiths; wraiths kill nothing. Inevitable DC victory.

6 wraiths vs. 5 "Hammernators"
Wraith Charge:
1st: Wraiths kill 2 marines; marines kill 1 wraith; 5 wraiths vs. 3 marines.
2nd: Wraiths kill 1 marine; marines kill 1 wraith; 4 wraiths vs. 2 marines.
3rd: Wraiths kill 1 marine. Inevitable Wraith victory.

Hammernators Charge:
1st: Wraiths kill 2 marines; marines kill 2 wraiths; 4 wraiths vs. 3 marines.
2nd: Wraiths 1 marine; marines kill 1 wraith; 3 wraiths vs. 2 marines.
3rd: Wraiths kill nothing; marines kill 1 wraith. Inevitable marine victory.
Back to top Go down
srg
Star Player
Star Player
srg

Close Combat Units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close Combat Units   Close Combat Units EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 9:00 am

Are those Wraiths wound allocated (unique) as well?
Back to top Go down
RotatingPanda
Inquisitor
Inquisitor
RotatingPanda

Close Combat Units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close Combat Units   Close Combat Units EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 1:24 pm

If you're talking about my number crunching, Steve, I ran everything naked (otherwise I would have had adrenal glands on the 'stealers, a fist with the DC, etc.).
Back to top Go down
srg
Star Player
Star Player
srg

Close Combat Units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close Combat Units   Close Combat Units EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 1:34 pm

Ya was just wondering, as wound allocation is probably my favorite thing in the world. Very Happy

Herald
Blood Crusher with Fury
Blood Crusher with Standard
Blood Crusher with Instrument
Blood Crusher

Took so much shooting to remove.
Back to top Go down
RotatingPanda
Inquisitor
Inquisitor
RotatingPanda

Close Combat Units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close Combat Units   Close Combat Units EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 1:56 pm

It's funny, just last night, Gideus was telling me how wound allocation is his least favorite thing in the game and one of the reasons he doesn't play.

I was using a "combat calculator" and it would have taken a lot longer to do wound allocation plus try to arm each guy in an appropriate fashion. Hence why I ran them "naked". For true DC, I imagine I would have needed a PF and a Sang Priest, the wraiths would have had some shenanigans, etc.
Back to top Go down
srg
Star Player
Star Player
srg

Close Combat Units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close Combat Units   Close Combat Units EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 2:03 pm

How can you not like wound allocation. You are part of a squad of large beastly creatures (nobs, crushers, whatever) it doesnt make sense that you would have Brother Bob get shot, then maybe Brother Kyle, followed by Brother Jim? Of course it makes sense, and it makes those 'elite' units viable. Otherwise? Too expensive for what they do. And there is always instant death, the great equalizer. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sunrastargod
Lineman
Lineman

Close Combat Units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close Combat Units   Close Combat Units EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 6:27 pm

whoops yeah forgot to mention that those wraiths did have some wound allocation.... 3 had whips, plus the destroyer lord soaks up some beats as well, and his preferred enemy thing was grotesque for me in the tourney.... 3-4 kills every charge, and then the wraiths 12-16 s6 rending attacks
Back to top Go down
sunrastargod
Lineman
Lineman

Close Combat Units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close Combat Units   Close Combat Units EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 7:03 pm

and I got to say Nemessor was the bomb when i needed him, often giving the wraith unit furious charge to strike first or counter attack..... someone was saying, and i never thought about it but the wraith unit is cheaper than buying the phase shifter upgrade for the over lord.... imagine a list with 3 squads of wriaths six strong.....
Back to top Go down
RotatingPanda
Inquisitor
Inquisitor
RotatingPanda

Close Combat Units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close Combat Units   Close Combat Units EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 11:44 pm

It's called "Wraith Wing". There's a video battle report on Front Line Gaming of someone using a list like that.
Back to top Go down
Night Lord
Pro
Pro
Night Lord

Close Combat Units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close Combat Units   Close Combat Units EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 9:30 am

Just gotta say; I'm tired of them using the 'wing' moniker... I mean a 'wraith wing' list isn't even all wraiths!! originaly it meant Belial with ALL TERMINATORS. then it moved to logan grimnar, who can mix terminator and power armour on his elites, and then Draigo could bring his 2W baddies; it wasn't very many, but at least they were the elite of the codex. now it seems that you can just max one of your force org slots??? what if i convert/bring 3 Defilers, does that make it 'Defiler Wing'???
Back to top Go down
RotatingPanda
Inquisitor
Inquisitor
RotatingPanda

Close Combat Units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close Combat Units   Close Combat Units EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 4:46 pm

I totally hear you. I think there's too many "wings" and too many "all terminator" armies. Not sure how they can make it Dark Angel's "niche" anymore...
Back to top Go down
Gideus
The Commissioner
The Commissioner
Gideus

Close Combat Units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close Combat Units   Close Combat Units EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 5:15 pm

I still think that dark angels will have all termie and be niche, maybe because deathwing are better? they have better options and might get more? or maybe they will get ravenwing or ironwing as a special niche ability on top pf deathwing?
Back to top Go down
https://comoxbloodbowl.forumotion.com
Night Lord
Pro
Pro
Night Lord

Close Combat Units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close Combat Units   Close Combat Units EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 3:21 am

I have great faith at the moment that both the DA book, and the Chaos book will be amazing. it seems to me that there was a bad few years there at GW, but almost since 5th, the army books are rules have been great (fantasy included, Dreadfleet not). It's ok with me that a couple of the other books (really only 2, and they, far off from Guillimans codex) can do it. Orks can to an extent. It's just that the option is sexy, and we, as DA players are jealous of the new books. We'll get ours.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Close Combat Units Empty
PostSubject: Re: Close Combat Units   Close Combat Units Empty

Back to top Go down

Close Combat Units
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Comox Valley Bloodbowl :: The Oratorium :: Tournaments and Results-
Jump to: